Saturday, April 6, 2013

Works in Progress





Since I started my new job last Fall, I have not had as much time for sewing as I would like to have had.  Between the coming up to speed with my new responsibilities and my graduate studies, my quilts have taken a back seat.  I have to keep reminding myself that whatever time I have to play with fabrics is a great way to recharge and de-stress; to build the resiliency that I need in order to balance all of the other demands on my time.  So no big projects right now, just fun little explorations that keep me feeling connected to my creative self.

The picture above is a block I made to add to the blocks I received from my 'Nubees' buddies on Flickr.  I love these colors but right now I don't have anywhere in my home that they really fit in.  I may have to redecorate a room just to give the quilt a home!  The block is suitably named Modern Sliced Scrappy Block and it is from a tutorial at dontcallmebetsy.

Another fun little project I started is a Wonky Cross mini quilt.  It was inspired by Elizabeth Hartman's tutorial at Sew Mama Sew.  I am in love with the pink and black color combination.  It reminds me of my trip to Paris some years ago when every outfit I packed fit into a black and pink theme.


Looking forward, I have been talking with my son about a comforter cover that I want to make for him.  He doesn't want a traditional quilt because he likes to use a down comforter in the winter.  He likes the block called 'Thinking Outside the Block'--a Log Cabin variation.  I also have a stash of Amanda Murphy's 'Veranda' fabric that I am itching to cut into.  Once school is out for the summer I can begin to think about getting started on those projects.

Wishing you lots of creative inspiration!

alli

No comments:

Post a Comment