Friday, August 30, 2013

Low Volume Quilt WIP


I've been working on a bed-sized quilt using 10 inch charms from a Flickr group swap.  I've also added some fabrics from past projects--bits and pieces that I probably would not have used otherwise but work well in this scrappy project.  The pattern is Bricks and Strips which you can download at Pink Chalk Fabrics.  For my quilt, I am alternating rows of solids and prints and incorporating Kona Cornflower which coordinates with the color of the walls in our bedroom, a soothing pale blue.  I've learned that low volume projects benefit from using a variety of large and small scale patterns and lots of colors.  They really lend themselves well to a super scrappy approach and I love that I can include some fun fabrics (like the cars in the center of the picture above) that I would not ordinarily use. 

Have you been bitten by the low volume bug?  I would love to hear about what you are working on!

Wishing you creative inspiration.

allison

No comments:

Post a Comment