Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Caution! Work in process!

 I just took the 'Process Pledge' (see  Rossie's blog ) so here is a status update on what started out as Xylophone but has managed to take on it's own identity and I think now bears only a vague resemblance to its origins.  You can read more about this project in my previous entry.

Here is the fabric palette that I started out with.  I originally liked the putty solid for a background but once I started piecing, I decided on Kona Snow instead.  It is brighter and shows off the more muted prints better I think.


After I had pieced together a bunch of various sized 'xylophones', I decided that I did not want to copy the pattern verbatim and wanted to do something different.  I cut all of the xylophone strips in half lengthwise,  then I cut long strips of solid fabric.  I had an idea of something like train tracks or city scape...linear and repetitive but a bit abstract.  What I came up with was a bit too abstract.


I left the project for a couple of weeks and when I returned, I decided that I needed to make the arrangement more user friendly.  Here is what I came up with.  By grouping the colorways together and having a consistent theme of horizontal lines, I think it is more pleasing to the eye.  I still feel like the color balance is a little bit off but I definitely like this better.

I welcome your feedback!

Wishing you creative inspiration.

allison

No comments:

Post a Comment