Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Process Progress!




Completed top

Backing
  
On Monday, I finished the top and backing for the Xylophone quilt.  I am very happy with the way it turned out.  I especially like the back because I incorporated a lot of the blocks that I discarded when I was working out the design for the front.  In using the leftovers for the back, I am making use of what is on hand.  I love this aspect of quilt-making and often get my best creative inspiration from trying to use up scraps or leftovers.  There's less pressure when you're using up what would otherwise be tossed out. 

Last week I did the training for the Handiquilter at my local quilt shop, A Notion to Quilt, and Xylophone will be my solo venture in using it.  Quilted in a day---unbelievable!  I will definitely post more pictures once it is quilted.

Wishing you creative inspiration.

allison


No comments:

Post a Comment